The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Night & Day Room Transformation


Here is a previous picture of before we moved in the house, which is currently my daughter’s room.

As you can see it was totally trashed out, but there was still much potential.



I did not do the construction work myself but here are a few pics of the process.

After all the junk was tossed and the carpet ripped out, a nice awakening peachy color was painted on the wall.


This bright peachy color was what my daughter wanted and it fits her so well.

That hideous ceiling fan had to go. New carpet and new windows were installed.




And now she has a room to grow and have fun in.



Windows facing the South and West gives this room plenty of light.





This cute beside table is from Big Lots. The beaded pink candle lamp was a thrift store find a couple of years ago.



The dresser is at home surrounded by familiar colors.

This wooden cubby I placed at the foot of the bed kind of stages itself as a footboard with storage.

The room is complete except for minor details like hanging this wall mirror.

The curtains are by way of my mom, a DIYer like myself. They are a simple shear white complementing the bright vibe of the room.

And the green
flower picture hangs nicely by the window.



And of course the
desk is what completes the whole room!



Linking to...




4 comments:

  1. aww what a cute and cheerful room. great job!
    malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love EVERY little detail that you put into this room! It looks absolutely amazing! What a lucky little girl :)

    P.S: I am your newest follower, I hope you will follow me too!
    http://sweetenedbykagi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what a cute little girls room. I am new to your blog. Subscribing in a feeder.


    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job transforming her room! I love the color you chose for the walls...it's so cheery! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)