The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nailed Candle


I am so excited about this candle!



It was soooo easy and turned out beautiful!



The only materials needed are a candle and nails.



These nails are called Cut Tacks which I got for under a dollar at Lowe's.




All you do is press the nail into the wax, it's that easy.


My only suggestion is if you were to do many of these candles, you may need something like a thimble to protect your thumb from pressing the nail over and over.

I'm a big fan of swirls so this was my first design but I plan to try alot more different designs.

And I love the contrast of the dark nail against the vanilla toned candle.

This was also done free hand but you can punch the wax with a pencil before actually creating the holes with the nails.


Now I hate to say this, but so far the cheap-cheap candles don't hold up well when piercing the nail into the wax.


But I'm still in the experimentation process so I'm still trying to figure out which materials work best.





Super easy!



Linking to...

http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/



giveaways Get your craft on Thurs.

Transformation Thursday Decor Mamma

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party! Funky Junk Interiors

UndertheTableandDreaming Keeping It Simple

The Girl Creative BWS tips button

24 comments:

  1. So cute! I love this! I have a ton of candles but burn very few, I am going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do this with small beads and pins - I never thought about using nails. How rustic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay this is just awesome!! Thanks so much for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it! I never would of thought of this! I'd love for you to link up at sundae scoop tomorrow http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great--easy and cheap--my two favorite crafty words :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am going to try your candles too! What a wonderful look...Elegant and Handsome are words that come to mind. Thank you for your kind words about my sand candles and for your visit to my blog, my inspirational friend. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing and I love it when the simple things turn out to be the best things! Thank you for joining and bringing your hodgepodge to my party. I hope to see you again!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever and creative idea! I love the look! Would love to have you stop by The Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance! I have so many candles that need a little make over! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super cute and it looks so easy. I think it would look great with a monogram on it. Thanks. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  10. So clever...I love this idea - especially for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I featured this on my party wrap-up! Thanks for linking up.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun way to decorate a candle! Fun! Think of all you can do with this technique, monograms, swirls, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this idea! The candles look fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week. Hope to see you again next Sunday! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jalinda, Just wanted to let you know I'll be featuring your candles tomorrow! Stop by and grab a featured Button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to The Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bet they would cost a fortune if they came from a catalog. Great idea and great for even a beginning crafter. Thanks for linking it up to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this idea...simple but the result is striking. I'll be bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this, it's so pretty.
    I also just wanted to let you know I showcased my readers who tried out this cake I posted about today and you are on there and feel free to grab a button.
    www.texasmonkey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This tutorial will be featured on my blog tomorrow morning!

    madincrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)