The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fabric Earrings


These earrings are made of fabric and wood, they have a bit of a funky feel but any fabric can be used to personalize them.


I started with these thin wooden discs. They come in a bag of about three different sizes.




And this cute fabric scrap I picked up at Wally-World for $1.






Ok so I planned to simply drill a hole through the disc for the earring parts. But it just so happens I am missing the piece of my drill that actually does the drilling.


But I was determined to make these earrings. So... I was able to take the "drill bit" and manually "drill" through the disc. Yes, it sounds harder than it actually was. It literally took only 2 minutes to drill the hole.








Before I applied the fabric to the wood, I painted the wood white. This just helps give the fabric a bright look, it will look a little dull without the white underneath.



Using the all powerful Mod Podge, I covered the first side of the wooden disc.





Leaving about 1/16" of the fabric around the disc, snip around every so often so that you can glue fabric to the sides.


With the first side complete, just add another round fabric piece to the other side.



Carefully drill another hole through the fabric.




Add a jump ring and an earring hook.






Complete!


Linking to...

Keeping It Simple




DIY Day @ ASPTL




Get your craft on Thurs.

20 comments:

  1. Wow too cute. One could have matching jewelry for every outfit, and I bet you could cover many different things this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously adorable! Thanks for the step by step...I may have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great!! I love the colors~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and fun earrings!, I am a follower now.
    Tati
    http://Groovybabyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so fun! And so many possibilities with fabric!

    XOXO
    Jen
    {tatertots & jello}

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea! i'm totally trying this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody for the comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! New follower from MBC! Hope you can return the favor!

    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by my blog and I LOVE this project, i want to make like a million, they are really really cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Those are adorable!!
    Hi! stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in total love with these earrings. Great job.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are cute! i would definitely want to try those sometime, when i have the tools.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!!! These are such cute and pretty earrings!!! I just have to borrow my husband's tools now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog through a google search for fabric earrings. Clear instructions for your project. Thank you for your info.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love this project and I am so eager to try it.Your instruction is so clear and simple to follow.Thanks for sharing your skills to us,,this is a great help for those who have passion for this.God bless and I am looking forward to see your fabulous creation/design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankfulness to my dad who informed me relating to this blog, this website is really amazing.
    Cartilage Earrings

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a great reputation for something different and exciting and that is why our products are so popular with many faithful clients all over the country.
    http://empfasz.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an excellent blog along with the great knowledge. suitsAnarkalis onlinePakistani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)