This was a dresser bought from one of those used furniture shops and I currently house it for my craft supplies.
So it really wasn’t too bad to start off with, it probably had seen some good days maybe 10 years ago - but I’ve got my hands on it now…
I quickly unscrewed and removed those old plain drawer pulls.
Then sanded with sandpaper which was not the most fun. If I could have gotten away without it, believe me, I would have. But the old paint was glossy and the wood needed some smoothing out.
After wiping off the sanded areas, I spray painted with primer. Primer is another step I usually don’t mess with, but there were a lot of dents and dings so I needed to get the paint even as possible.
Spraying on a couple even coats of black satin Valspar spray paint I then impatiently let that dry.
Now, the fun part!
I halved a piece of scrapbook paper to be centered on the front of the drawers.
Using Mod Podge I coated the front and back of the scrapbook paper. (This diamond checkered paper I got on sale at Hobby Lobby for only .17 cents!)
I Mod Podged on a plain black ribbon to give the edge of paper a finished look.
Then simply screwed on new drawer pulls and voila!
This project kind of reminded me of a transformation from pajamas to a nice new suit! :)