What I had scheduled for this week was supposed to be a dresser makeover but the snowy weather among other things slowed me down.
So I revamped another bottle instead…
I started with an empty Paul Masson wine bottle.
My original plan was to give this a Native feel with turquoise & brown paint, adding some twine, and maybe some feathers.
Here’s the first layer, sponging on the turquoise color.
Note: To add some dimension and depth, I used a turquoise colored paint with a darker shade of turquoise mixing in a splotch of white. That keeps it from being boringly one dimensional.
Same color technique with the rusty brown. I used two tones of brown plus some white.
Sponging on a heavier and thicker layer at the top and bottom ends, and thinning out towards the middle of the bottle.
Now here’s where I said, “hmmm....”
This was taking on more of an old Spanish feel instead of my anticipated Native theme.
Sometimes you’ve just got to let projects take their own twist, especially when it’s a good twist! ;)
I’m not sure what’s the deal with me and dots lately but it seems to be working out quite nicely…
For the dots, I just took a thin wooden dowel, dipped the end of the dowel in white paint and dotted away!
And of course, it needed a companion.
Using a clear glass candle holder, I covered it with white paint first.
Then the turquoise…
Then sponging on the brown, following with the dots.
What a perfect match. I can see these placed outside on a patio or porch. Or this effect can be done on a flower pot.
Use a clear spray coat to seal it all in.