I found these brass figurines glancing through the thrift store shelves a couple days ago.
I hadn't known these owls for long but I could tell it was time for a change and I knew the perfect transformation for these little brass birds.
They first needed some cleaning so with an old toothbrush and some detergent I prepped them for their shiny new coats.
There was no skipping the priming step, it helps with adhesion plus it allows the bright paint to stay true to its color with minimal coats.
I initially thought to use spray paint for a nice even coverage. But since I was going to paint three different colors and I wouldn't need that much paint I decided to use regular acrylic craft paint and a paint brush. The acrylic paint and brush work well since there is a lot of texture to the figurines which doesn't show many brush strokes.