The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hard Rock Candle

Give your candle some edge with this hard rock inspired candle.


So last week I showcased my Nailed Candle.

Now I'm taking it a step further and it's just as easy.


This candle kind of reminds me of a studded leather jacket.

The only materials are a candle and upholstery tacks.




I was able to find a black candle at Hobby Lobby and the tacks I picked up from Jo-Anns fabric but you can also pick them up at Lowe's.

And of course you can do any pattern you want but this one I think resembles the buttoning up of a jacket.

First I began with the two vertical dotted lines.


Next simply add the top and bottom horizontal dotted lines all the way around the candle.






Rock on!



Linking to...

Decor Mamma

UndertheTableandDreaming

Keeping It Simple The Girl Creative

The DIY Show Off

Making

13 comments:

  1. Loving this!!! I've gotta make one! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! Love it! Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about cool - this is the coolest tweak of a candle I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought that a candle could look so rock and roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Super Cute :-) I adore handmade items. They're so original. I love homemade altogether!

    http://livingonhomemade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that totally rocks! what a cool idea! and easy too! so glad i hopped over from making the world cuter today! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock on - grate way to update a simple candle
    Al
    http://almcleary.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew a candle could be edgy? Awesome! Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun idea! I love all the things that you do with candles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute idea! Love the look! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your week. ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rock On Indeed!!!
    Love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)