The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Plus Before & After

Happy New Year all!


It's great to be back in the blogging world, thank you for your kind words and thoughts for my new home.


I just spent the last two days moving in my new home. I can't express how excited and thankful I am for this new chapter in my life. It is the perfect time of year to start off fresh with new hopes and goals. The house went under about 3 months of renovation, and now I am finally here. I will post before and after pics of the house after settling in.

But for now, I want to show off my daughter's dresser I painted before the move. We've had this dresser for about 5 years now. It was purchased used and I painted this simple purple scheme.

Before:


(kitty didn't get a makeover)
My aim for this makeover was something bright and cheery which would match her personality, the peach matches the color of the room.

Initially I pictured the colors more bold, but it turned out with a kind of vintage flare.

After:




I used regular acrylic craft paint for the white, peach and the top.




The circles are different sized cut outs of scrapbook paper and mod podged onto the dresser.




The swirly pattern I proudly did free hand :)


Actually, my inspiration for the swirly was from a photo I found online, I can't remember what site but here is the inspiration photo.


Inspiration:



My daughter and I liked how the swirly pattern comes from the corner.






I think it turned out great, I just need to find those two bottom knobs and it will be complete!



Linking to...

The DIY Show Off Keeping It Simple

Making

Texas Monkey handmade projects



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. WOW! It's gorgeous! You did a fantastic job! Freehand swirls? You're one talented painter!

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY Project Parade! ;)

    Happy New Year!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a fun dresser! live the circles of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB. VERY WHIMSICAL LOOKING LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not believe you free handed that swirly, it is incredible! I've only used mod podge a litte, but I haven't had too much luck with it? Maybe I am not using it right. Maybe I'm using too much or too litle. (I know, how could it be both extremes, right? Ha!!) Great job on the dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Beautiful Job!!
    Stef
    www.itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!
    THAT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL.
    I'M ALWAYS AMAZED THAT PEOPLE CAN LOOK AT SOMETHING LIKE THE (HEAVY) PURPLE DRESSER AND THINK IT COULD LOOK SOFT AND BEAUTIFUL.
    GREAT JOB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great! good job on the painting! i am your newest follower..come join me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog, A Home Made by Kiki. I am your newest follower and am going to spend some time looking around your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a transformation!! It's absolutely beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)