The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Friday, January 28, 2011

3-D Wall Decor



Originally I was going to use this as a decoration for my bedroom, except with a more sophisticated feel.



But as I began putting it all together it felt more of a bright, fun & cheerful project, which is the vibe of my daughter’s room so I decided to make it for her.



That’s one of the many reasons I love to craft – anything goes! You may start with a great idea in your head, and halfway through the project, it can take on a whole new direction.



So anyway, beginning with a regular frame I had in my craft stash, I removed the inner glass panel and painted the frame white with acrylic paint. Topping it off with a shiny clear glaze.







Next up, the flower. This is a large silk flower that I picked up from Michael’s for about two dollars. It was attached to a long stem so I just cut off the stem and snipped off the greenery so all was left was the flower head.



I inserted this nice lime green scrapbook paper behind the frame. It’s got a good weight and a slight glossed finish; so I knew it would fit this project perfectly.




To add the finishing touch, I had this cute ribbon on hand also and glued that down on top of the green paper.








Next, just eyeballing it, I glued the flower to the center of the paper using a hot glue gun.

Some of the petals were popping up a bit too much so I simply glued them down too.







I left the glass panel off because the flower was too thick for it to fit back on.

Linking to these Parties...
A Little Knick Knack

UndertheTableandDreaming Making

The DIY Show Off

The Girl Creative BWS tips button



Texas Monkey

Today's Creative Blog

CreativeShareWednesdays


NightOwlCrafting Beyond The Picket Fence

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea! This looks amazing. Love the green and white daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did. It adds a touch of brightness to any room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I've been eyeing those flowers at Michael's trying to think of a way to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So pretty and yet so simple to make! Thanks for sharing :)

    ~Stephanie
    redberrrycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - Oh thats so pretty! I'm new to this blog hop - and this site. Just found you. I am now following. I hold a Weekend Creative Blog Hop which you might enjoy? Happy wednesday! Shah of wordsinsync.blogspot.com X

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is terrific! Thanks for a really pretty and simple idea! Found you through Today's Creative Blog... ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute, looks fab!

    Thanks for sharing such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to do this in my daughter's room! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo, i am going to remember this for spring decor. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've put together a round up of great wall art ieas on Craft Gossip today and included your post. :) You can see it here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/25-awesome-wall-art-ideas/

    If you would like a Craft Gossip badge showing you've been featured, you can grab one here :)
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have made awesome 3D print, it's have great attractive look, and it is looking quite easy for making, every person cannot make this type of art, you have performed nice creativity. I want to say thanks for sharing this easy tutorial.

    framed wall art

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! It would definitely make a nice wall accent! I love your use of that green as a base color for the background, and the ribbons add a nice touch too! It makes for a very feminine and whimsical accent on that wall. Nice work!

    Nancy Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing valuable insights on 3D wall art. Your expertise has provided a deeper understanding of its transformative potential in interior design. Grateful for your contribution!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)