The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Craft Randomness

Whilst I was cleaning and organizing my craft space, which by the way is a long work in progress, I came across a few crafts that I'd done and just put away without a proper posting.







This dice is a spin off from my hard rock candle post.



It's a simple 2" wooden block that I painted black.



Then I nailed upholstery tacks in the pattern of dice.








Here I used old cut up jeans to make these magnets.




I cut up the red and leather Levi tag and glued to the pebbles.





This plant holder, believe it or not, is a Styrofoam cup.



A quick few coats of acrylic paint, I then pierced small grommets right into the sides. I secured them with hot glue.








And lastly, dressed up soup cans. Obviously recycling cans into supply holders is nothing new, but I can't help but smile at the cheerfulness they bring.




No doubt, the best cans to use are the ones that have the pull off top because they leave a nice beveled edge.







I painted the cans first and glued on left over fabric finished with black ribbon.








Purple is my favorite color. I painted the purple and white, dotted the black lines and added left over purple daisy ribbon for fun.










I love this teal color.



Here I added ribbon and this fun rhinestone collage for some sparkle!




Linking to...

Photobucket

Making



Keeping It Simple

The DIY Show Off


8 comments:

  1. All of these are great but I especially love the "Levi's" pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Sugar Bee. Love all your projects, particularly the can pencil holders. I loved this project as a kid and I just made several to put on my desk at work! ~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh! SO MANY GREAT IDEAS! I'm instantly obsessed with your blog!

    For sure following you~! <3 Hope you follow me back =) I'll totally be back!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soup cans! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun projects. I really like the dice...so clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the paint job on each and every can, they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

  7. I would love to know what the little black and white and pink thing you are showimg. It looks like a bed. could you send me an addy for it? Thank you

    sparklediamnod@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)