The Craft In Me

A blog devoted to all my crafty endeavors.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Giraffe Glitter Paper - Make it!

This glittery giraffe print paper was fun and I love the results.

Wrapped around a candle creates stunning decor.

Materials:

Plain cardstock

Plain candle

Martha Stewart Fire Opal glitter

Mod Podge

I cut out a strip of paper.

I hand drew the splotches. The spots don't have to be perfect. You can find a giraffe print online to use as a guide or simply print out a giraffe print and skip this step altogether.

I then painted in the splotches with my favorite metallic paint.

I poured some Mod Podge into a bowl for easy access. This particular Mod Podge is an antique kind but it doesn't matter since the paint and glitter are gold.


I painted over the gold with the glue, a thin layer is best for a nice even coverage.

Cover the glue with glitter.
I must note that I love this Martha Stewart glitter - it's very fine which makes coverage even. And it's not just one color, there are several tones complimenting each other.


I did a few spots at a time. I love seeing a project come to life a little at a time!


It doesn't take long to get all of the splotches covered.





Here's the candle.




To hold the paper in place, I used a nail which this idea is from my other candles.




Wrap the paper completely around the candle and tack down with the nail.

You can vertically adhere a nice ribbon if you wanted to cover the seam, like if your candle were in front of a mirror.






Linking to...

UndertheTableandDreaming Keeping It Simple


The DIY Show Off BWS tips button

Making

Texas Monkey Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties




 http://www.thethriftyhome.com Get your craft on Thurs.



15 comments:

  1. I tell you, you have a gorgeous way with candle decor!!! Love this glittery giraffe design. Thanks so much for showing us how to make our own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice, you could even make three of them and have different colors on them

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute for words! I love it. It would be perfect for linking up to our Fall Decorations link up party, would love to have you join in!

    http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/09/all-about-you-monday-fall-decorations.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute, I love giraffe's!
    I have a big request for all of you bloggers out there, I am in a contest for one of the posts I did on losing some weight. I just really need to have your vote because I would love to win this contest! All you need to do is go to the link I will put below and first become a fan or push the like button and then go to the right column and under the 14 pictures, click on my picture and make a comment that you vote for me! I know the power of blogland is big, so can you please vote! I would so, so, appreciate it!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still love this, thank you for linking up with All About You Monday, hope you come back next week where the theme is all about ribbon but any fun project, craft, recipe, etc is welcomed! So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Way to make your own designer paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to transform a plain candle! Thanks for linking with Sugar & Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just adorable and of course, I LOVE the added glitter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giraffe + Glitter = Super cute. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! I have been meaning to try some of the Martha Stewart glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love what you did with this candle...what personality:-) Oh, the things you can do with Mod Podge. Thanks for sharing and your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My kids elementary animal is the Giraffe! It's been everywhere lately! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)